Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Android reaches 500k new device activations daily.

0 comments
 

I want to say about four to five months ago I was reading in my Wired Magazine subscription that the Android operating system was slowly surpassing Apple. Me not being the biggest Apple supporter, found myself terribly interested in seeing the iPhone brought down a few steps. Even with the terribly rocky start Android had with Motorola, it was predicted to be the number one operating system eventually.

Well it seems that day has come, and Android isn't stopping either.

Andy Ruben (@Aruben) via Twitter

There are now over 500,000 Android devices activated everyday, and its growing at 4.4% w/w

According to a recent study, Apple is losing significantly not only in the states, but globally.

I do own an android device (Samsung Fascinate) and my brother has an iPhone which I have used extensively, and I have to say that Apple isn't a step ahead of the game anymore. They are going to need some serious innovation to make it back to the top.

Good luck to both teams, but I think I have safely buried myself into Android fan boy status.

Leave a Reply